Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Too many candles burning

So, when you are an 'artist,' it is completely possible to have too many things going at once and never finish a thing. I am one of those people. I have many lofty goals...scrapbooking, cameo making, painting, stamping, jewelry antiquing, mural painting, and printmaking...to name a few.

I have never enjoyed my ADD when it comes to getting things organized. I go from one project to another without completing my first goal.

For instance. You know the Owl in the Sky with Diamonds? Well, it is supposed to be the first in a series of paintings. I was going to do another painting that features the little purple house that is in the background of the owl piece. I was going to paint the outside of the house and 'tell' the story of who lives there...a ninja panda trying to learn the art of throwing stars (cliche, maybe). Then I was going to go inside the house and paint what the inside looks like (complete with the owl tree in the background, of course).

Have I even started on the next painting? No. Instead, I got intrigued by trying to paint a peacock (not an easy task) and that has taken WEEKS.

Then, I found this rubber pad and cutting tools that I had gotten a few months back and began my first attempt at making a stamp...totally forgetting about the painting projects.

Does anyone else do this?

2 comments:

Poet4Him77 said...

Hello, have you met me? Yes, I think this is a natural thing to happen. So excited that you move from project to project, not really getting anything done. I feel your pain, my friend. Hey, which reminds me, are we going to do that artist circle thing? I need to work on my book and I can't seem to get any work done at the house. Any sugguestions???

Hannah said...

Apparently I'm catching up on reading your blog, and commenting allll over the place today. Yes, I totally do this. I have about 8 sewing projects going on right now. I work on them in rotation...when I get bored with one, I move to the next, etc.