Thursday, August 21, 2008

Wow, I read this amazing blog called Because I Said So and this momma of six kids wild gibbons is HILARIOUS! (BTW, she is the one that calls them 'gibbons,' I would never say that about someone else's kids.)

Seriously, she's a hoot...and I don't go around recommending blogs. If I ever have a 'bad' day with Ham, all I have to do is read her blog and know that what I am going through is normal and right now, I only have one gibbon.

I really want to do something about my lack of organization (don't we all?). My husband is a perfectionist and I am the opposite...what is that...oh yeah, apathetic. However, there is still clutter everywhere. It's not just mine, either. Mine is like an art store or consignment store threw up in various parts of our house. Genius' clutter is mostly papers. I keep thinking that I will take pictures of all these clothes to sell on eBay or take them to a consignment place, but it doesn't happen. Why? Because 1)I can't ever find time to list things anymore and 2)it's the inevitable What if's? that keep all that junk here.

What if we have another girl...in the same season?

What if someone we know has a girl...in the same season...and is the same size as Ham?

What if I am a size 4, 6, 8, 10, or 12 one day again?

What if something really valuable accidentally got thrown in the lot?

What if I could make a quilt for Ham one day out of her old clothes? HAHA

Anyway, I would love to go to that organizer store and get a new closet built, but we don't even have a place to put a new closet! Our closets are tiny and we don't have much storage space. Now, we have an unfinished basement that is literally the length of our house and that should be enough space, right? It is, but that's pretty cluttered, too. Not in a dirty sense, but in a "here are the moving boxes we used 2 years ago," "here are all the boxes that all our appliances, gadgets, baby items, etc. came in," "here is all the stuff we don't know what to do with," "here are some of my art supplies and makeshift desk I made."

I wish I could be one of those people that have shelves with labeled boxes and everything all tidy. Those great steel shelves cost MONEY though and I don't want to do it by myself, either. The most organized I've been is when I numbered all of my acrylic paint bottles (about 60 of them), put them in an old boot box and typed up a sheet with all the colors and numbers of the paints. Ham got into it once and I haven't reorganized it since. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

I keep thinking, if someone just came to watched Ham for a day or two, I could organize my entire house, bring everything to a consignment shop or give it away, list some stuff on eBay, make the jewelry I want to make, finish gifts for people, yadda, yadda, yadda. It would take more than that. And Ham does sleep for about four hours in the day between two naps. It's not like I can't do some stuff then. However, when she's asleep, I'm so scared any noise will wake her that I end up just reading or going online.

4 comments:

Allyson said...

ok I am feeling your pain so why don't you bring ham over for a day or 2 iin the beginning of sept ( I'm off between the 5th and 10th) to give you some time. I promise we will be fine and have a blast. I have a playroom now where they can runamuck. Email me! Seriously! I'll stick to your schedule.

Anonymous said...

Hang in there; everyone was/ is unorganized with small kids. It's a given! Just take it one room at a time and remember they don't stay small forever. You'll have plenty of time to organize in a few years, and you'll miss this stage. Weird but true. PS, I love Because I Said So too; it was the first blog I ever read!

Poet4Him77 said...

Hey, I love to organize. Want some help?

Hannah said...

Random: I could make a quilt for Ham from her old clothes if you want...seriously.