Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Sick, but not tired.

Welp, it was inevitable...I guess. I am sick. It started about a week ago with painful headaches that I knew could only be sinuses. I get migraines, but this was different. My whole head felt like it was in a vice grip. My throat hurt, my right ear hurt, even my teeth felt like they hurt.

Then, the other day, it began to drain. Lovely. Now my throat hurts even worse and somehow, even though I know some of the pressure HAS to be relieved, my cheeks feel like I've stuffed them full of pinecones or something. Right over my cheekbones. OUCH! The cough hasn't gotten bad, but it's there. That "Oh I need to cough, but if I start, I might not stop" kind of thing is going on.

However, regardless of that, life is good. Life is always too good to deserve. God is faithful and He never disappoints. Even when things are tough, I know that He is in control. I'm so glad He is Lord over all, because I know that I couldn't do anything without Him.

Hubby and I stayed over at my mom's, Bebe, while she stayed over at my sister's with the three kiddos. Originally, hubby and I were supposed to housesit and stay with our neices and nephew, but for some reason, the crib was not brought over there and so we used the crib at Bebe's. Poor Bebe. I don't think she knew what she was getting in to. But she did GREAT!

Hubby and I took turns staying over at my sister's throughout the day when I had to go feed and put Ham down for a nap. One day, my oldest neice came with me back to Bebe's and we drew pictures and laughed at my horrible attempt to draw Yoda. We were giggling so hard and every time I would draw an ear or an eye, I'd say, "WOAH, that is way off. Oh goodness. This is bad," and my 7 year-old neice would just laugh and laugh. She said it looked like a rabbit at first and the end result looked like Baby Yoda. It was bad.

Ham did OK at night. The first night she cried for an hour and then woke up at least 5 times yelling out, "Ma ma? Ma ma?" She began to scream at one point, so I gave in and wen't to feed her. That got her thinking she would get to nurse every time she woke up, so that wasn't good.

But, you know what...? This was not a regular thing for her and she was in a strange place, so I gave in...all night. And I'm not ashamed of it. :) It was about getting sleep. When we got back home yesterday, I laid her down in her crib for a nap and she spread out her arms and legs and got a big smile on her face. She slept for two hours. Monday night she only woke up once and last night, she didn't wake up at all.

So, a note to all first-time parents like me: Know that sometimes, the schedule is not going to be perfect. Sometimes the schedule will be completely thrown out of the window (Ham went from 9AM-4PM one day). It will be OK. The baby is not messed up forever.

I'm so glad I know as many moms as I do. It's helped out tremendously. Thank you Jennifer, Mary, Karen, Tricia, Mom and Mom, Grandmama, Karina, Amy Poole, Allyson, Emily Graffius, and all those other moms out there! I love you!


Allyson said...

Im sorry you are sick!! That is never fun, especially when dealing with little ones!

As far as the ears go, yes I am sure not to let them lay down while taking a bottle (per the pediatrician - and Im a nurse ) :)

I just have horrible ears and actually we were lucky that they made it this long. This has been her only one. But its better now!!!! :) Now she is cutting 4 teeth, so we are still not sleeping too great!

I am excited for Sophie's party! And trying to get ready for ours! I would love for yall to come - but I didnt invite friends, just family. :)

Micah Preston said...

I think it also helps to have fellow mom friends that are fun, free and crazy!! Thanks to you too Ames.

Dawn said...

I'm sorry you're sick. :(
When you're feeling better, give me your address so I can send you the pencils you won. And thank you for setting up that page with fashion tips! :)