Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Happy 1st Birthday, Ham!

Our little lamb is a one-year-old. Some would say she's not a baby anymore...yeah, say that to my face. I dare you. This is how I see her...this is how I will always see her:







Hubby, Ham and I went over to my dad and stepmom's house last night to celebrate a birthday for Ham and my stepmom, Gugu (pronounced gŭ-gŭ, like in the word must). It had been planned for several days and I thought it would just be the five of us. (Before anyone thinks I'm complaining, I'm not.)

So when we pulled up to their house and I saw my sister and brother-in-law's cars, I was stumped. I looked at hubby and asked, "Is that my sister's van? Did you know they were going to be here?" He didn't. Then I said, in all my intellectual glory, "I wonder if Dad and Gugu know they are here." Duh.

It was great. Dinner was perfect, Dad and Gugu. The kids were hysterical. My sister had Ham doubling over laughing.

She got a great Pound-a-Ball toy that all the kids wanted to whack. Ham was content on letting her cousins hit the balls and was just cracking up at them. She has been playing with it all morning. She loves it.

I was so glad my sister was there because the day before, she had explained to me that she couldn't come to Ham's party this weekend. I knew she felt awful about having to work that day, but I tried to reassure her that it was OK. However, I am so so glad that they planned to be there last night. It made all the difference to be able to share that with all of them.

THANK YOU!

No comments: